Being one of the best honeymoon places in the world, Pattaya is enlisted as a preferred honeymoon destination. It attracts honeymooners not only from Thailand but from all across the world. The perfect amalgamation of beautiful beaches along with various fun activities make it a popular choice not only of honeymooners but also of people of all age groups. This vibrant beach city is always full of life. Located near Bangkok, this city comes with a wide range of entertainment and leisure options. Relax on the beach during the daytime and relish the nightlife in the street parties. Tasting delicious delicacy of Thai preparation, visiting some of the most beautiful temples of the world, shopping in floating markets and weekend markets as well as shopping malls are some of the options to spend your holidays leisurely in Pattaya.
How To Reach Pattaya :
- By air: Pattaya does not have an airport of its own. Located almost at a distance of 30 km from the heart of the city, U-Tapaoserves as the closest airhead of Pattaya. This airport of Sattahip comes with a limited connectivity option. Suvarnabhoomi Airport of Bangkok is the nearest international airport in Pattaya. This airport shares excellent connectivity with all the major international and national air destinations. It takes almost 2 hours to cover a distance of 120 kilometres between the airport of Bangkok and Pattaya. Click Here To Book Cheap Flight Ticket
- By rail: The train is the most convenient and cheapest option to reach Pattaya from Bangkok. Regular trains run betweenHualamphong Station of Bangkok and the major station of Pattaya. Tickets are available in the stations. However, you need to purchase your ticket at least half an hour prior to the departure time of the train.
- By road: Pattaya is very well with all its major surrounding cities. Rental cars and self-drive cars are available in plenty to help you reach Pattaya from Bangkok. Regular buses run between various bus terminals of Bangkok and Pattaya. You can get both AC and non-AC buses as per your convenience. From most terminals buses are available at a gap of half an hour.
Best time to visit Pattaya :
Pattaya experiences a tropical dry and wet climate. March, April, and May are summer months. During these months the weather remains hot and humid with an average temperature of 32-degree centigrade. Heavy rainfalls occur from June to October.
November to February is the ideal time to visit Pattaya. The weather during these months remains pleasant. The temperature hovers around 23 degree Celsius to 30 degree Celsius and makes it an ideal season to explore the beauty of Pattaya. Scattered rainfalls are expected in these months followed by bright sunny days. Beaches are loaded with tourists across the world. If you are planning your trip during these months complete your booking well in advance as lack of place and price hike are often experienced at this time.
Note: Did you know Phuket is The Largest Island In Thailand? Read this article The Largest Island In Thailand.
What To See :
- The sanctuary of truth: The sanctuary of truth or PrasatSutJa-Tum is one of the major attractions of Pattaya. This wooden colossal structured temple comes with a height of almost 105 meters. This heritage Thai craftsmanship is the perfect amalgamation of religion, art, culture, and philosophy. Located in Neklua Road, this beautiful yet incomplete temple is open every day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for visitors.
- Underwater World: To impress your better half in your honeymoon tour you must include Underwater World in your Pattaya sightseeing tour. It is one of the best ocean aquariums in Asia. This aquarium comprises almost 4000 water animals along with 200 various species including some rare ones. The pedestrian channel of this aquarium is designed with 100 meters lengthy 6.4-meter thick plexiglass to offer you a Clear View of the life of the Underwater World. Interaction with Marine animals during your visit to this place is a lifetime experience.
- Khao Pattaya Viewpoint: To enjoy the stunning view of Pattaya city, Khao Pattaya Viewpoint is a must-visit place in Pattaya. This small hilltop is considered as the highest viewpoint of Pattaya. This hill is also the home of the famous Wat Kho Phra Bat Temple. The spectacular view of Pattaya Bay from this point is indescribable in words. Do not forget to take your camera to capture the magnificent beauty of Pattaya from this viewpoint.
- Mini Siam and Mini Europe: To add an essence of uniqueness in your honeymoon tour and create a lifetime memory, visit Mini Siam and Mini Europe. This amazing themed village is a popular attraction of Pattaya. This model village is famous all across the world for featuring miniature models of world-famous architectural structures. Eiffel Tower, pyramid, Tower Bridge of London, Statue of Liberty, Sydney Opera House, Bridge over River Kwai, a temple of Emerald Buddha are some of them to name.
- Pattaya Beach: The beach of Pattaya is undoubtedly the chief attraction of tourists all over the world. Usually, this beach remains crowded irrespective of seasons. You can enjoy various adventure sports on this beach including paragliding, banana boat rides, windsurfing, scuba diving, jet-skiing, and many more. If you are not an enthusiast of adventure sports you can find various leisure options dotting around the coastline of Pattaya including lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, bars, and cafes, etc. You can relax on lounge chairs and take a Thai massage that promises to offer relaxation while relishing the beauty of the sea.
Apart from the above-mentioned places, you can even include SrirachaTiger zoo, nong Nooch tropical botanical garden, big Buddha, Buddha mountain chi, art Paradise gallery, treetop Adventure Park, Pattaya water park, etc.in your Pattaya honeymoon trip. Dont Forget To Visit Pattaya Walking Street at Night.
Where To Stay :
Going through a Pattaya travel blog will help you to find the most suitable accommodation option that suits your budget and choice.
Travelodge Pattaya: Located in Central Pattaya,Travelodge Pattaya is a 3-star hotel.Bar, lunch, swimming pool, free high-speed internet, free parking, etc. are some of the amenities they offer to their visitors.
Intercontinental Pattaya Resort : Set amidst a great landscape, this is a popular choice of tourist for its location. The impeccable beauty of Coral Island can be enjoyed from this place. Complimentary instant coffee, free shuttle taxi, couples massage, poolside bar, etc. are some of their exclusive services.
Golden Tulip Pattaya Beach Resort : It is a new addition to the list of Pattaya Hotels. It has gained popularity for featuring world-class facilities in all its 105 rooms. The rooms are divided into 5 types.
Dusit Thani Pattaya : It is a five-star resort hotel. It is a preferable choice of honeymooners for offering the perfect combo of beach relaxation and the latest luxurious amenities. It includes three in-house restaurants that come with various types of foods. Several attractions of Pattaya come in a short distance from this hotel.
Holiday Inn Express Pattaya Central : Located in the heart of the city, it is a popular choice of honeymooners for its excellent location. Most of the popular attractions of Pattaya tour is easily accessible from this hotel.
About Visa :
Thailand Government has allowed ‘Visa on arrival’ for tourists of a few countries. You can get a visa from the Thailand Embassy of your country prior to your arrival. If you are from India, ‘Visa on arrival’ is better for you as it is a cheaper and convenient option and is issued at the immigration checkpoint. However, you can only avail of this facility if your tour is not more than 15 days.