Darjeeling honeymoon places seem to be one of the dream destinations that a large number of couples are dreaming of. Magical hues of this hill station make it popular not only among couples searching for romantic holidays but also among all age groups. Quaint surroundings, tranquil beauty of Mother Nature makes it a perfect honeymoon destination at a pocket-friendly budget. Before starting your trip, find the must-visit places to visit in Darjeeling to make your journey memorable.
How To Reach :
- By flight: Bagdogra Airport of Siliguri serves as the nearest airport to reach Darjeeling honeymoon places. This airport shares direct connections with Kolkata, Delhi, Guwahati as well as international destinations like Bangkok, Paro, etc. It takes almost 3 hours to cover 96 kilometres by share cab or private taxi from the airport. Click Here To Book Cheap Flight Ticket
- By train: New Jalpaiguri or NJP is the nearest railway destination of Darjeeling. This station is very well connected with all the major stations of India that include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, Kochi, Bhubaneswar and many more. Cabs are available in plenty from outside the station. You can ride share-cab or book your own as per your convenience. You can even opt to ride the Heritage Darjeeling Himalayan narrow gauge line that is popularly known as toy train among visitors. This Heritage Railway connects Darjeeling with New Jalpaiguri. It takes almost 7 hours to reach Darjeeling by toy train. On its way, it has a halt at the famous Batasia Loop that allows you to enjoy the captivating view of Kanchenjunga. Moving at a speed of maximum 30 miles per hour, this Railway allows you to explore the unmatched appeal of Darjeeling honeymoon places. However, if you are tight in the schedule, hiring a cab is better for you as you can reach your destination within 3 hours from NJP station.
- By road: The queen of Hill is well connected with its surrounding major cities. It shares excellent road connectivity with Gangtok, Kalimpong, Siliguri, Jalpaiguri, and Kathmandu. Apart from public cab regular bus services are also available from the above-mentioned places.
Best Time To Visit :
Summer months are considered as the ideal time to get ready for the Darjeeling tour as it relieves you from the scorching heat. The temperature during this time is not more than 25 degree Celsius and allow you to enjoy the vibrant surrounding beauty of the town to the most. If you want to enjoy the perfect romantic tune of Darjeeling honeymoon places, winter can be your perfect choice. Temperature between October and March hovers around 5 and 7 degrees Celsius. However, planning to visit Darjeeling during monsoon is not a wise choice. From July to September Darjeeling experiences heavy rainfall as well as the landslide that hinders you from relishing in Darjeeling honeymoon places.
You can also include Gangtok sightseeing tour in your Darjeeling tour package.
Best Honeymoon Places :
- Lamahatta: Located 23 kilometres far from the main city, Lamahatta is considered as one of the best Darjeeling honeymoon places. This beautiful village along with its picturesque setting creates the perfect tune for your romantic holidays.
- Rangeet Valley ropeway: Rangeet Valley ropeway is another popular attraction of Darjeeling honeymoon places. Enjoy the breathtakingly beautiful views of snow-capped peaks and surrounding landscape with your loved ones. It takes almost 40 minutes to complete the whole ride.
- Tiger Hill: Enjoying the stunning views of sunrise from Tiger Hill is a lifetime experience that every couple wishes to enjoy when exploring Darjeeling honeymoon places. The stunning view of sunrise over Kanchenjunga simply mesmerize you and remain in your mind forever. The amazing panoramic views of Kabru, Janu, Mahalu, Lhotse along with Kanchenjunga leave a permanent impression in your mind.
- Batasia loop: Batasia loop is another point to be listed in enchanting Darjeeling tourist places. The view of snow-covered Kanchenjunga and other peaks, vibrant flower lines along with the untouched natural beauty of vicinity makes the place attractive.
- Zoo: Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park that is popularly known as Darjeeling Zoo is a major tourist attraction. Apart from enjoying Indian Tiger, Black Panther, Barking Deer, Clouded Leopard, etc. in the natural surrounding the center of the attraction of this zoo revolves around Red Panda, Snow Leopards, Tibetan Wolf, and Himalayan Newt, etc.
- Rock Garden: Rock Garden is a must-visit for those wishing to explore Darjeeling honeymoon places. Beautiful Chunnu summer-fall, narrow hill stream along with colourful flower garden in the slope will surely make your day. Nestled 10 km away from the city, the journey to Rock Garden is a memorable one for its scenic beauty, steep roads, and sharp hairpins curve.
Where To Stay :
- Mayfair Darjeeling: Mayfair Darjeeling creates a perfect romantic ambiance that is enough to impress your better half. The perfect combination of heritage and modernity adds a spark to your romanticism during your stay in this hotel. Situated in the heart of the city just opposite of Governor’s House, this hotel comes with 43 luxurious rooms, delicious dining options and exclusive tea boutique along with free internet and parking and has become a popular choice of people searching for Darjeeling honeymoon places.
- Sterling Darjeeling: Enjoy the tranquil beauty of nature and boost your romantic spark with your staying at Sterling Darjeeling. Excellent room service, restaurant, free parking make it popular among honeymoon couples.
- Little Tibet Resort: Situated opposite to House of Governor on the popular Mall, Little Tibet Resort is a popular choice of couples wishing to visit Darjeeling honeymoon places. This Tibetan themed 4-star hotel is accommodated with all types of modern amenities to make you feel the cosiness of home away from home.
- Central Heritage Resort and Spa: Unwind your romantic notion during your holidays in the elegant Central Heritage Resort and Spa in Darjeeling. This century-old luxurious Hotel of Darjeeling remains in the center of attraction for offering an excellent combination of modern amenities and classical touch at a single point.
- The Elgin: This oldest Heritage Hotel of Queen of Hills is the summer residence of Maharaja of Cooch Behar and was built back in 1887. The grandeur of the hotel is combined with world-class facilities to ensure staying here lavish and amazing. Large banquet room, an elegant spa, free delicious breakfast, round the clock front desk service make holidays memorable.
About Visa :
If you are from outside India and dreaming of visiting Darjeeling honeymoon places, you need to apply for a tourist visa. E-visa by Indian Government is convenient for you to access and can also be available within 3 days of application. Just fill-up the form properly and submit it along with all the required documents. It is wise to schedule your trip before applying for the same as there is no option to extend the time span of the tourist visa. Presently, a person is eligible to get an Indian tourist visa twice a year.
To explore the lost romanticism in your relationship, read the blogs of TripSmooth and surprise your spouse by arranging your tour in one of the best honeymoon places in India in the upcoming holidays.