The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of India's nine union territories, consisting largely of 572 uninhabited islands with more than 1/15 of them. The region at the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea includes the cluster of inhabitation. Port Blair is the capital of the territory, it is the territory's only notified town islands are a habitation for four 'Negrito' tribes namely Onge, Sentinelese predominantly in the Andaman islands, Jarawa and the Great Andamanese; and 'Mongoloid' tribes - Nicobarese and the Shompen predominantly found in the Nicobar Islands.
How To Reach:
The easiest travel alternative to the islands of Andaman and Nicobar is by flight. Veer Savarkar is the main Andaman Nicobar airport, with good connectivity to most of the major cities in India including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata. Alternatively, you can board a cruise to the island from ports mainly at Kolkota, Vizag and Chennai Transport by ship takes approximately 3 days to get to the island. Click Here To Book Cheap Flight Ticket
How many islands are there in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands: 572 Islands.
What is the currency of Andaman and Nicobar: INR – Indian Rupee, At the airport, from banks or monetary dealers, you can exchange money.
Is there Uber in Andaman: Taxi facilities based on apps such as Uber, Ola, Meru do not operate in Andamans. Taxis from tour You can employ two-wheelers that are almost everywhere accessible on your own.
Which SIM card is best in Andaman: Vodafone and Airtel
Is liquor allowed in Andaman : Yes
What can I buy in Andaman : Local Items of Wooden bamboo Pearls Handicrafts
Is 4g available in Andaman : Airtel 4g Available
Where To Stay :
Some of the best hotels and resorts in Andaman and Nicobar Islands for a top-notch tourism time include:
- Havelock Island Beach Resort: The resort is located some away from Havelock Ferry Ghat terminal is designed in the traditional pattern featuring cottages with thatched roofs, some of the amenities available here include free breakfast, free wifi, free parking, indoor pool, air conditioning, bar, restaurant, laundry service, 24-hour room service, airport shuttle and many more facilities for a welcoming service.
- Barefoot at Havelock: Barefoot is located in the tropical rainforest of Radhanagar beach, it is relatively close to the Port Blair. The resort offers complimentary breakfast, a spa, free parking, a pool, airport, business, laundry service, an open-air restaurant and a bar, it is also wheelchair accessible. It also activities such as snorkelling and hiking.
- Coral Reef Resort Havelock: Some few from the Vijay Nagar Beach and the Andaman sea lies this exotic resort which is approximately 4km away from the Havelock ferry terminal. This resort features free breakfast and loaner bikes, a pool fringed by towering coconut trees, a gym, a spa, bar, free parking, hot tub free wifi, a restaurant, beach access, airport shuttle etc.
Some of the best vacation rentals in Andaman and Nicobar include:
- Andaman Castle: Get a clear view of the serene sea and the beautiful sunrise from the rooms of this castle. Situated in Port Blair, the homestay is just a few minute's drives from the airport. Some of the amenities here available include air conditioning, wheelchair accessibility, kid-friendly service, it is also smoke-free. They also have a very hospitable staff.
- The Lagoon shade: Very close to Port Blair airport, this is a popular choice for tourists. It gives a scenic view of the sunrise, complimentary breakfast and overall superior hosting services. It offers a washer, air-conditioning, it is kid and pet-friendly.
Best Time To Visit:
The weather of the Andaman and Nicobar islands is tropical experiencing minimal fluctuations in temperature. the period between November to May is recommended as Andaman and Nicobar islands best time to visit. Monsoon periods featuring high tides, incessant rainfalls and tempests are highly not recommended, this period is between July to September.
What To See :
On a trip to the Andaman and Nicobar islands, be sure to pay a visit to these places and make the most of your stay, some of these places are:
- Cellular Jail National Memorial: Popularly known as the 'Kaala Pani'. I know you might be thinking how weird and dark it is to visit a jail memorial but your trip would be incomplete if you didn't visit this landmark of the island's history, and you wouldn't regret a moment spent in this place. It is a memorial for political dissidents once jailed within its walls when it was a British prison. Visiting hours are between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, passage fee is usually Rs. 10, you will be charged extra for a video camera, and it is not open on Monday and public holidays.
- Mount Harriet and Madhuban: For a fun-filled hike especially with friends and family, check out this route from Mount Harriet to Madhuban, featuring flora and fauna among other exotic sceneries.
- Radhanagar Beach: Crowned as "The Best Beach in Asia" for over 10 years by TIMES magazine, this exotic beach is famed for its clear and turquoise waters, get a picture of yourself in one of the most beautiful places in India.
- Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex: Are you a lover of water sports? if yes, then you shouldn't miss the opportunity to visit this complex, it features jet skiing, parasailing, banana rides, speed boat rides and a lot more cool stuff with competent and hospitable service providers and instructors.
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park: This park comprises over 15 islands of mangrove creeks and reefs. Have fun snorkelling, scuba diving and boat riding in the Mahatma Gandhi Park.
- Diglipur: An island-city north of Andaman, this place is a favourite for nature-loving tourists. It houses Andaman's highest peak, a cave network and crocodile sanctuaries. It is among the top tourist places to visit in the country.
About Visa :
For a trip to Andaman Nicobar islands, all foreign nationalities require a permit known as the Restricted Area Permit(RAP), and this permit is issued on arrival to Port Blair by the Immigration Authorities and is valid for 30 days extendable to an extra 15 days in certain cases, issuance is upon arrival with a valid visa to Andaman islands. It can also be obtained from Indian Missions in your district.