Munnar Visit may become a memorable trip for your family. Munnar is a hill station of Idukki district present in the Kerala state of India. It is present in the Western Ghats Mountains and surrounded by rolling hills dotted with tea plantation. It was a former resort of British Elite and re-established in the 19th century. The name Munnar means “three rivers”, these three rivers include; Mudhirapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundaly. Munnar City’s total area is about 215 square miles. Munnar has several endemic species, as it comes under the protected areas. Endemic species include; Nilgiri Thar, the Grizzled Giant Squirrel, the Gaur, the Sambar, and the Neelakurinji may be seen here. There is another charming thing about the Munnar is that it has a huge tea plantation and a tea plantation museum names Munnar Tea Museum.
How to Reach :
There are several ways through which you can reach Munnar. If you want to reach Munnar through the air, then you have to arrange for a vehicle, because the nearest airport Cochin International Airport is about 68 miles away from the town. The same is for Train travel, Aluva Train Station which is nearest to Munnar has a distance of 68 miles between both of them. The bus is a better option for travelling toward Munnar because there are many companies and state-bus services that offer you services from all the major cities of Kerala. Travelling on your vehicle is the Best Way to Reach Munnar. Click Here To Book Cheap Flight Ticket
Dont Forget To Eat Munnar Famous Food Puttu With Kadala Currey .
Where To Stay :
You can stay in Munnar during the visit, in Different types of Cottages, Mansions, and Hotels. There are several hotels where you can have a stay ranging from 5 stars to 2 stars. A few hotels are mentioned below:
1. “Elixir Hills Suites Resort & Spa” is a 5-star hotel with a rating of 4.4/5
2. “Chandy's Windy Woods” is a 5-star hotel having a 4.7/5 rating.
3. “Grand Plaza” has a 4.4/5 rating and a 4-star hotel of Munnar.
4. “Tall Trees Resort” is a 4-star hotel having a rating of 4.6/5.
5. “Rangers Hotel” is a 3-star hotel with a rating of 4.2/5.
6. “Kuhi the Mist” is a 4.8/5 rating 2-star hotel.
7. “OYO 14368 Evergreen Holidays” is a budget-friendly hotel having a 4.5/5 rating.
The hotel charges vary from hotel to hotel and it also depends upon the number of stars a hotel has. A five-star hotel may range from 6000 INR to 10000 INR per night, whereas a four-star hotel’s price starts from 3000 INR or maybe above per night. A three-star hotel price ranges from 2000 INR to 3000 INR per night.
On the other hand, staying in Cottages in Munnar town has a charm of its own. They may charge 2000 INR to 5000 INR per night. Staying in a Munnar Mansion with your family may become memorable for you. Their charges are the same as charges of Cottages in Munnar.
Best Time to Visit :
Usually, most of the visitors avoid Munnar from July to September, due to monsoon and there is much humidity in the air and it is not a pleasurable moment for foreign visitors. On the other hand, many people enjoy monsoon there. Every one decides his Best Time to Visit Munnar according to his schedule.
Places to Visit :
There are several places where you can enjoy your trip.
1. Atukkad Waterfalls: Nestled 2 km away from Munnar amidst beautiful hills and lush green jungles, this pristine waterfall makes for romantic escapes and picnics site. However, the road to Atukkad is very narrow and needs a lot of pf experience to drive on.
2. Photo Point: Photo Point is a lovely place on Mattupetty highway lined with tea gardens at a distance of 4 km from Munnar bus station.
3. Top Station: It is just at a distance of 40 kilometres from Munnar. It is a frequently visited spot in Kerala. In the Western Ghats, Top Station is located at an average height of 1800 meters above sea levels.
4. Tea Museum: Whether you are a tea addict or a history addict, this place is sure to catch your fancy. Located near Munnar town, this is one of the locations to visit in Munnar. Visit the museum to learn how your favourite drink is churned out to its present form.